We met in my backyard a few weeks ago. The first time we came across each other, he was no bigger than a tennis ball. He appeared to have flown down from his nest, quite possibly for the first time. I saw him every single day after that for about a week or so. Sometimes he'd hop across the yard. Other times he'd fly really low to the ground, just above the grass blades.
His favorite game was Hide-and-Go-Seek. But he was so predictable; I often found him in bushes. And when he got mad at me, he would pout in Daddy's fenced garden, which of course I can't get into.
We had a jolly good time together, me and Fuzzy Pete. Unfortunately, his parents weren't too happy with our budding friendship. They attacked me and chirped at me every single time I was outside. They would even squawk at me when I was sitting INSIDE the house looking out the door. Crazy birds. I think they were so upset by our relationship that they took Fuzzy Pete away from my yard for good. It's been more than a week now since I've seen him......or his judgmental parents.
I miss my friend.
Categories: puppy love

0 comments:
Post a Comment