We just returned home from a weekend at the lake with our friends. There were 13 of us who went up to Gravel Lake in Michigan (in a tiny town about 30-45 minutes north of South Bend, IN), the site of our friend's family lake house. It's been a scorcher in Indy for a few weeks, so we were ready to be away from the city and chillin' on the water. Chase came along for the adventure, too. We had a blast! We spent all day Saturday on the lake, either on a pontoon, floating in the water, or water skiing and tubing (I just stuck to pontooning and floating; no water sports for me this trip). :) Unfortunately, David got sea sick pretty quickly and didn't feel well enough to go back out on the water after lunch. So he stuck around the house with Chase, took a nap (much needed after staying up til 4:30 a.m.!), and caught up on some
Vanity Fair.
Here are some pictures from our trip! Enjoy!
 |
| Starting our day on the water! |
 |
| Our little water rat. Swim, little dog, swim! |
 |
| Doggy paddling as fast as he can. |
 |
| Boat time! Chase never actually did ride on the boat with us, but EVERY TIME we pulled up to the dock, he would jump right on board! Think he was trying to stow away, but we were on to his little tricks. :) |
 |
| "Please let me go, Dad....PLEASE!" |
 |
| Ahhhh.....cooling off! I swear we floated for HOURS. |
 |
| Nap time during lunch. Chase made friends with everybody! Clearly. That's our friend Ryan Jones. |
 |
| Tube time! |
 |
| Pontooning |
 |
| We had about 20 minutes of a hard rain in the early afternoon, so we docked the boat. The girls went straight for shelter. The boys went straight for cold beers. |
 |
| Shucking corn for dinner with John. |
 |
| All's quiet on the lake as the sun slowly starts to set and the crew gets showered and ready for dinner. |
 |
| Now that's a plate of meat! |
 |
| Chase is exhausted! He's never slept so hard in the car before. He was out the whole way home, and has yet to really wake up. :) |
 |
| Our weekend on the lake only had one small hiccup. We drove up on Friday after work, so it was dark by the time we got to Michigan. There was a detour once we hit the country, and at one point David and I couldn't agree on which way we were supposed to turn. We came to an intersection without a street sign and had no idea which way to go. I said left. He said right. So we went straight (ha!). We quickly knew we had to turn around when we were immediately surrounded by cornfields taller than the car on both sides of us. David wanted me to turn around at THIS house. I had a horror film moment and kept driving! He must've been crazy to think I would pull in at this house. It was really creepy at night. We didn't know if it would be as creepy in the daylight, on our way home today. It lived up to expectations. Yep, just as creepy. |
I'm glad you guys had a good trip, but I didn't see any fish, cooked or uncooked, I guess I will have to go the next time.(Ha-Ha)
ReplyDeletedad
Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDelete?Con
Fun! I love your cover up, D!
ReplyDelete