Last weekend we went camping and canoeing with the usual Phi Psi crew. There were about 21 of us at various points throughout the weekend. And, yes, it was about as crazy as you would expect for 20+ 20-somethings to hang out in the woods for a weekend. Needless to say, we had a LOT of fun. On Saturday we went canoeing for a few hours. It was really hot that day, but it felt nice on the water. We ate a lot of hot dogs and burgers, and a lot of beer was consumed. Despite how young we still are (or like to think we are), it's clear that we're getting older. First, most of the guys were in bed by 10 p.m. on Saturday after spending the day drinking. They like to talk a big game, but it appears that's all it is--talk! (I will point out that David and Kirk were not in the early-to-bed group). Second, I think every couple had an air mattress in their tent. (And now I would like to point out that this was usually the boy's idea, not the girl's). Wusses.
Here are some pictures from Kirk and Laura. Enjoy!
Playing Uno......as a drinking game of course.
The boys: Kirk, David, Russell.
Lining up the canoes before we head out.
Team Stelsel takes the lead. We didn't even flip our canoe once!
Team Stelsel Jr.: Laura and Kirk.
The whole crew. David and I are the twins in the center. See us? :)
Of course I'm in the front. I'm a better driver. :)
One of the highlights of the night: Russell ate a cob of corn in 15 seconds.
Lindsay making smores.
Me and my boys after a very long day.
Russell entertains the group with a solo.
Man...........look's like you guys had a lot of fun....I'm sure glad you were the driver (I know David likes to drink that imported beer, not good for driving in the States..ha!ha!) Nothing wrong with going to bed at 10:00, better than staying up and ending up doing something stupid!!! Enjoy your friends every chance you get...you're building a lifetime of memories.......... dad
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Looks like a lot of fun....and air mattresses...sounds like me...a wuss hahaha. And yes I did find you and David in the pic...first thing. Glad you had a great time! Love you.
ReplyDeleteI want to know who the sitter was for my grandog! Don't know if I approve of Mom and Dad leaving that boy with just anyone!
ReplyDeleteMOM
Simmer down, Mom. He stayed at the PetsHotel and loved it. He was well taken care of, and he was sent home with an excellent "pawgress report." I was a proud momma. :)
ReplyDelete