Thursday, March 8, 2012

Posted by Unknown
Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM

3 comments
*VIDEO*

Ford is 2 months old today and doing fantastic! He's up to 12 lbs. 14 oz. (75th percentile) and 24.25 inches long (85th percentile). We're venturing outside the house little by little and enjoying visiting with family and friends. This is my last month of maternity leave, so I'm trying to enjoy every single day while I can.


This month, Ford has started sleeping through the night (5 to 7 hours each night), which makes me a much happier (and more rested) momma. He's cooing a lot more, and since he stays awake longer during the day now, we have a lot of fun playing and talking. He's a really great conversationalist. ;)

Morning chit chat with Mom 

Afternoon play time

Talking to Nonna

My favorite part of the day is getting him up in the morning. Even if he's fussy because he's hungry, he always smiles really big when he sees me, as if to say, "Hi, Momma, I'm so happy to see you this morning." It's the best way to start the day!


Likes at 2 Months:
  • Music. He loves the music on his safari play mat and his bouncy seat.
  • His teddy bear mobile on the pack 'n play. If we go to bed to read and he's still awake, we'll wind up the mobile so he can watch it spin and hear the music. He LOVES it. He smiles really big and starts talking to the teddy bears.
  • Kids. When Lindsay and Corwin visit, Ford loves to watch Corwin. His face just lights up. It's the cutest thing.
  • Being talked to. He absolutely loves it when you talk to him. He will smile, laugh, and coo for a long time when you talk to him.
Dislikes at 2 Months:
  • Still not crazy about bath time, but he's doing better. The trick is to keep him warm with a wash cloth over his belly and make it quick.
  • Trying on clothes. Because he's kind of long for his age, most of the clothes he should be wearing right now don't fit. That means we usually have multiple clothing changes in the morning so I can weed out the items that don't fit. He'll put up with it for a few minutes, but I always take longer than he'd like.
New Discoveries:
  • He recently discovered his hands! He will stare at them intently and try to get them to his mouth. Of course he bonks himself in the head most of the time, but you can tell he's working hard.
2 Month Pictures:

Categories:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. He is such a cuttie!!! When I watched the video's I felt myself trying to help him talk. Thanks, thanks.
    love u daddy/granddaddy 'd'

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, is it Easter yet?
    Can't wait grandma Con

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ford in a sweater vest? I die. He is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete